- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
After launching regional sports channels in Hindi and Tamil, Star India is all set to launch Star Sports 1 Kannada on 16 November. The Kannada sports channels will replace the broadcaster’s Hindi music channel, Channel V, which will be discontinued from the same date.
MIB cancels 10 TV channel licences in May. This includes two news channels and eight non-news channels. The total number of cancelled permissions stands at 189 TV channels, as of 31 May.
Star India has surrendered seven TV channel licences it had received in 2015 to the MIB. Besides Star, three other companies surrendered three licences to the MIB.
Star has obtained 10 new licences from MIB to launch regional sports channels in Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. MIB has granted permissions to several other broadcasters such as Sony, Zee, Viacom18 and Times Network.