- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Three weeks since its opening, the Indian Super League (ISL) season 4 has recorded a cumulative reach of 81 million viewers as per BARC All India 2+ U+R on the Star Sports network.
The new season of the Indian Super League has kicked-off with a bang in Kochi. As testimony to the league’s growing popularity, Hotstar, India’s largest streaming platform and the official online destination for ISL Season 4, has clocked a record opening night with over 3X more viewers tuning in, compared to the previous season.
Riding on the rising popularity of Star Sports 1 Tamil and Star Sports First channels, Tamil Nadu witnessed a six-time increase in viewership while Uttar Pradesh also doubled its viewership.
Titled #SabseBadaMoh, the TVC is a take on the magnetism of India-Pakistan cricket matches. India versus Pakistan matches across formats have created some moments of great significance in cricket, making it one of the biggest sporting rivalries in the world.
There were several key viewership trends that spiked up ratings for some live sporting events, according to BARC data for the week ended 13 January.
Viewership of English and Hindi news channels increased 49% and 30% for the week ended 23 Sep due to the Uri attack coverage.