- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Star India has surrendered seven TV channel licences it had received in 2015 to the MIB. Besides Star, three other companies surrendered three licences to the MIB.
Star has obtained 10 new licences from MIB to launch regional sports channels in Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. MIB has granted permissions to several other broadcasters such as Sony, Zee, Viacom18 and Times Network.