- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Former Sab TV biz head Anooj Kapoor has joined Creative Eye to grow the production house’s existing business and move it into new areas such as digital and animation content. Movie production is also on the radar.
ZEEL is working on a comprehensive strategy for its OTT biz comprising dittoTV and OZEE. New strategy will be rolled out in 2nd half of 2017.
SAB TV is all set to bring back the fifth edition of its ‘SABse Anokhi Family Awards’.
TRAI has found 104 pay non-news channels to be airing more than 12 minutes of ads on an average per hour during 7 pm–10 pm during quarter ended 25 Sep 2016. Along with 23 pay news channels, there are 127 channels that are showing ads in excess of the 12-minute ad cap rule that is being currently contested by broadcasters in the court. The 104 non-news channels aired 14.15 minutes of ads on average.
“In order to expand our business outside of the US, primarily in India, we are taking various measures to grow including M&A,” Sony Corp CFO Kenichiro Yoshida said.
Star Plus retaining its grip on the top spot in urban and urban + rural HSM. Rishtey also continued to be the top channel in rural HSM.
“Simple comedy used to work earlier but now is finding it challenging to survive except perhaps for ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’,” says Jamnadas Majethia.
B4U Movies topped the table with a whopping 24.54 minutes of ads in an hour during peak time 7 pm–10 pm, according to TRAI. So, how much ad time did the other channels consume? A look into the Hindi GECs, movies, English, infotainment, regional and kids genres.
SAB TV is giving a comic twist to the popular concept of ‘naagin’ with their upcoming series ‘Icchapyaari Naagin’.