- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Pakistan Cricket Board will file compensation claim in jurisdiction of UK courts against BCCI for not honouring MoU of India playing bilateral series.
Ten Sports is the official broadcast partner of Sri Lanka Cricket. However, the India series was not part of the deal.
Pakistan Cricket Board will launch its own franchise-based T20 league with the first season scheduled to take place in the UAE next year.
In the wake of Subhash Chandra floating a rebel league, PCB chairman Shahryar Khan said that the ICC would have to weigh the legal implications vis-à-vis Essel and Ten Sports.
Essel Group chairperson Subhash Chandra’s plan to take on the cricket establishment has caught the attention of the BCCI. The board has threatened to pull out of the proposed India–Pakistan series if Ten Sports airs the matches, The Indian Express has reported.
One of the primary reasons why broadcasters struggle to make local revenue in Pakistan is the overwhelming presence of Indian channels in that country. No cable operator today can operate unless he puts the larger Indian bouquets on his network, and as of last count, there were more than five million Indian satellite dishes in Pakistan. Almost all of this business is pirated and there is significant revenue loss to the broadcasters in the host country, writes Atul Pande.
On the cricketing business front, major changes are taking place. How will the boards stand in the new revenue structure? Will the IPL get a 3-month IPL window? Will Star’s control of over 80% revenues of the business be good? Atul Pande looks at all these issues and believes that a new cricket world is being born.