- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Nitin Kukreja, the CEO of Star Sports, an important biz vertical of Star India, has put in his papers.
On Hotstar, more than 5 mn viewers watched the badminton women’s singles final match live, unprecedented for any event outside of international cricket.
Star India’s HD sports channels Star Sports Select HD1 and HD2, which will cater to international sporting events, are launching on 10 Aug.
Star India’s latest experiment with kabaddi in the form of Women’s Kabaddi Challenge has created a milestone, with the first two games garnering 38 mn viewers.
Star has appointed former Marico COO for rest of South Asia, Middle East & Africa Sridhar Balakrishnan as its head of distribution.
This will be the biggest Olympics coverage by a private sports broadcaster in India. It will be shown on all eight sports channels.
Star India has bagged exclusive media rights to the French Open for the years 2017–21. Neo Sports is the incumbent broadcaster of the tournament in India.
A world feed crew of 150, comprising top-of-the-line camera operators, replay artists, graphic operators and Dolby Sound technicians, will be showcasing this event live to the world.
While stating that Star Sports is making a sincere attempt to push the ISL, Nitin Kukreja noted that a roadmap must be developed to have just one league in the country.