- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
2017 has been a busy year for BBC Worldwide in the country. It launched its channel Sony BBC Earth in a joint venture (JV) with Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI). It also did a slew of content deals including with Zee Café for the block BBC First.
BBC Worldwide has said that its BBC First branded block on English GEC Zee Café has received an outstanding response from the viewers since its launch in June 2017.
Voot has launched a new original web series titled ‘Stupid Man Smart Phone’. The digital survival series has Vodafone and Motorola as presenting and powered-by sponsors.
Soniya Kulkarni has been tasked with the job of business development. Deepali Handa has been promoted to commercial head, productions, India.
The premium British drama brand, BBC First, will premiere as a block on Zee Café on 26 June. It will air every weeknight at 10 pm.
BBC Worldwide has announced a partnership that will see BBC Earth and BBC World News launch on Cignal TV, a subscription-based direct-to-home satellite television service provider in the Philippines. This will be the inaugural launch of BBC Earth in HD in the Philippines, exclusively on Cignal TV.
Amazon Prime members can have access to over 600 hours of pre-school content from BBC. Indian viewers will get to watch CBeebies content.
India is the first country in the world to launch the app. It will only be available to the rest of the world in September 2016.
Home-grown reality formats have not had as much exposure overseas. In fact, Zee TV’s ‘Dance India Dance’ is the only reality show that moved outside. So what are the reasons?