- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
DD Freedish reserves vacant slots for non-news channels for 1st time, floor price hiked to record Rs 8 cr
Doordarshan has reserved the upcoming auction of vacant slots on its free DTH platform Freedish for non-news channels for the first time and fixed the floor price at a record high of Rs 8 cr. This will be the first auction of DD Freedish’s slots in the new fiscal year 2017-18.
Freedish has mopped up Rs 65.5 cr from the sale of 10 slots. The highest bid was for Rs 7.3 cr. With this, the revenue of Doordarshan’s DTH platform stands at Rs 250 cr this fiscal. The 10 channels that won slots include Sony Pal, Rishtey, Manoranjan Movies, MTV Beats, Dhamaal, Mubu, Star Utsav Movies, ETV UP, ETV Rajasthan and Movie House.