- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
DD Freedish reserves vacant slots for non-news channels for 1st time, floor price hiked to record Rs 8 cr
Doordarshan has reserved the upcoming auction of vacant slots on its free DTH platform Freedish for non-news channels for the first time and fixed the floor price at a record high of Rs 8 cr. This will be the first auction of DD Freedish’s slots in the new fiscal year 2017-18.
Freedish has mopped up Rs 65.5 cr from the sale of 10 slots. The highest bid was for Rs 7.3 cr. With this, the revenue of Doordarshan’s DTH platform stands at Rs 250 cr this fiscal. The 10 channels that won slots include Sony Pal, Rishtey, Manoranjan Movies, MTV Beats, Dhamaal, Mubu, Star Utsav Movies, ETV UP, ETV Rajasthan and Movie House.