- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
The number of broadband subscribers increased 4.70% to 340.16 million at the end of October from 324.89 million at the end of September, according to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) performance indicator report.
Cable TV and broadband service provider Hathway Cable & Datacom has become the fifth largest wired broadband service provider for the month ending 30 September.
Almost 10 months after launching three over the top (OTT) services Idea Movies & Live TV, Idea Music, and Idea Games, telecom operator Idea Cellular is planning to start charging for these services.
The total wired broadband subscriber base has fallen 0.15% to 18.11 million in August compared to 18.14 million in July, according to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) monthly report.
Top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.66 mn), Bharti Airtel (2.1 mn), Atria (1.23 mn), MTNL (0.97 mn) and YOU Broadband (0.66 mn).
Jio’s subscriber base stood at 112.55 mn. Top 5 wired broadband service providers were BSNL, Airtel, Atria, MTNL and You Broadband.
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.95 mn), Bharti Airtel (2.07 mn), Atria (1.14 mn), MTNL (1.03 mn) and You Broadband (0.62 mn).
Idea Cellular is associated as the principal sponsor with Kings XI Punjab for this season. Idea logo will feature on the back of the team jersey.
Reliance Jio added 19.93 mn broadband subs in Dec to end 2016 with 72.16 mn subs; Bharti Airtel was behind with 43.56 mn subs.