- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
The ministry of information and broadcasting (MIB) has granted a licence to Zee Media Corporation Ltd (ZMCL) to launch its home shopping channel under the name Ezmall.com in October.
India’s second-largest TV home shopping network Shop CJ will merge with its bigger rival Homeshop18 to create India’s largest TV home shopping network. The shareholders of Shop CJ will be issued 25% equity stake in HomeShop18, making Shop CJ a subsidiary of HomeShop18. Following the transaction, HomeShop18 will cease to be a subsidiary of Network18. However, Network18 will continue to be the largest shareholder in the combined entity.
Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India has issued a disconnection notice to DTH operator Videocon d2h due to non-payment of outstanding dues.
Mukesh Ambani-owned HomeShop18 and Shop CJ Network, a 50:50 JV between Korean firm CJ O Shopping and Providence, are in talks to merge operations. Providence is looking to exit.
DEN Networks and Jasper Infotech have sold their stakes in TV home shopping company Macro Commerce to Pimex Broadcast for Rs 10 lakh.
HomeShop18 has become the official TV shopping partner for the ICC World Twenty20 cricket tournament to be held in India this year.
ZenithOptimedia has won the media planning and buying mandate of HomeShop18.
News 24 bid the highest among the five winners at Rs 6.5 cr. Aaj Tak and Big Magic are new additions. They are paying Rs 6 cr each.
DD’s DTH service Freedish has upped the reserve price to Rs 4.30 cr per slot for the 24th e-auction to be held on 9 Nov.