- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Multi system operator (MSO) GTPL Hathway expects subscription revenue from broadband business to be equal to the subscription revenue from the cable TV business in the future. Currently, cable TV business is the mainstay of the company contributing a bulk of the revenue.
The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has directed multi system operator (MSO) GTPL Hathway to pay Rs 2 crore to IndiaCast Media within ten days.
Multi system operator (MSO) GTPL Hathway has told Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) that it wants to enter into a reference interconnect offer (RIO) agreement with IndiaCast Media Distribution from 1 November, the TV distribution arm of TV18 and Viacom18.
GTPL Hathway has bought remaining stakes in three cable TV companies, following which these outfits have become wholly owned subsidiaries of the MSO.
The RBI has hiked foreign institutional investors/foreign protfolio investment limit in GTPL to 49% from the earlier limit of 24%.
GTPL Broadband, a wholly-owned subsidiary, received a work order of Rs 28.89 cr. The other five-year project for GTPL Hathway is worth Rs 19.28 cr.
GTPL Hathway’s placement revenue was up 2% QoQ to Rs 57.8 cr. Pay channel cost was down 2%. Total STB seeding climbed to 7.76 mn. Active subscribers were at 6.69 mn.
Placement rev dips 11% to Rs 237.5 cr in FY17. Pay channel cost rises 17% to Rs 382.1 cr. MSO seeds 1.48 mn STBs to take its total base to 6.9 mn. Of this, active STBs stood at 5.98 mn compared to 4.68 mn a year ago.
Rajan Gupta has replaced TS Panesar as the new president of All India Digital Cable Federation. This change has been made as Panesar has resigned from Hathway.