- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Media conglomerate ZEEL expects ad revenue growth to be in the mid-teens in the second half of the financial year 2017-18. ZEEL’s domestic advertising revenue grew by only 5.8% excluding sports, RBNL and India Webportal as advertisers pulled-back due to GST implementation.
Share of digital advertising spends by FMCG companies was only 10% in 2016. This is, however, expected to grow substantially to reach 25 -30% by 2020.
Fountainhead Digital MKTG has appointed Dheeraj Dhawan as vice president – Brand Solutions. He will be based in Mumbai and will lead the business development and client servicing function of the division.
Arnab Goswami’s TV and digital venture Republic has poached former Times Network CFO S Sundaram as group CFO.
Ashish Kaul moves in from the Hinduja Group where he was the business head for IN Entertainment India Ltd, the content vertical of the group.
TV ad expenditure is projected to grow at 8% in 2017 to touch Rs 27,378 cr. In 2016, TV ad growth rose 10% to Rs 25,530 cr. This will be the slowest growth for the TV broadcasting sector in recent years. TV AdEx has always grown at a faster pace than the overall AdEx. In terms of media mix, TV’s share of total AdEx is expected to fall to 44.7% of total expenditure in 2017 from 45.5% in 2016.
Ashish Bhasin said that, for the Nov–Dec 2016 period, the ad revenue shortfall stood at Rs 1500–2000 cr. He estimates that until the end of March, the overall loss could be Rs 2500–3000 cr.
Reliance Broadcast Network has appointed Atul Razdan, Nidhi Gulia and Sanil Suneja as national programming head, national marketing head and regional business head (Delhi) respectively.
Vh1 Supersonic’s sponsorship value has grown nearly two-fold since the previous edition; brands across various sectors such as e-commerce, lifestyle and FMCG have come on board.