- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Discovery Communications has appointed Francis Keeling, a leading digital music executive, as senior VP, International Digital.
Discovery will develop mid-form shows for Watch, a new platform for shows on the online social network Facebook.
In his note to IBF, Jawahar Goel has emphasized on broadcasters providing pay channel content to Freedish and content to OTT platforms at cheaper rates, which is negatively impacting DPOs such as DTH.
Discovery is buying lifestyle broadcaster Scripps Networks Interactive for $14.6 billion or $90 per share. Scripps’ portfolio includes Travel Channel and Food Network.
Discovery has hired former CEO of Hathway Digital’s video business TS Panesar to head DSport in India. The focus of the broadcaster rests on sports like football, horse racing, rugby, motorsports and cycling.
Discovery’s sports channel DSport has acquired the rights for the new international tennis property ‘Tie Break Tens’. It will mark the first time an Indian sports channel will telecast this new format of tennis for sports fans.
‘Cristiano Ronaldo-The world at his feet’ and ‘Sleeping Giant –An Indian football story’ are the two movies Discovery will premiere under its recently launched ‘Movie Nights’ on Saturday, 29 April and 6 May, at 9 pm.
The first-of-its-kind board for Discovery outside the US will provide counsel and insight to the India leadership team on strategic matters pertaining to business innovation and help Discovery navigate and tap into new growth opportunities in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
Discovery, the owner of Eurosport, has led an investment round, taking a 20% stake in Play Sports Group and a seat on its board.