- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Nikhil Madhok, who has quit Discovery Networks Asia Pacific after a short stint, is all set to return to his former employer Star India.
Discovery Communications has appointed Francis Keeling, a leading digital music executive, as senior VP, International Digital.
Discovery will develop mid-form shows for Watch, a new platform for shows on the online social network Facebook.
In his note to IBF, Jawahar Goel has emphasized on broadcasters providing pay channel content to Freedish and content to OTT platforms at cheaper rates, which is negatively impacting DPOs such as DTH.
Discovery is buying lifestyle broadcaster Scripps Networks Interactive for $14.6 billion or $90 per share. Scripps’ portfolio includes Travel Channel and Food Network.
Discovery has hired former CEO of Hathway Digital’s video business TS Panesar to head DSport in India. The focus of the broadcaster rests on sports like football, horse racing, rugby, motorsports and cycling.
Discovery’s sports channel DSport has acquired the rights for the new international tennis property ‘Tie Break Tens’. It will mark the first time an Indian sports channel will telecast this new format of tennis for sports fans.
‘Cristiano Ronaldo-The world at his feet’ and ‘Sleeping Giant –An Indian football story’ are the two movies Discovery will premiere under its recently launched ‘Movie Nights’ on Saturday, 29 April and 6 May, at 9 pm.
The first-of-its-kind board for Discovery outside the US will provide counsel and insight to the India leadership team on strategic matters pertaining to business innovation and help Discovery navigate and tap into new growth opportunities in a rapidly evolving media landscape.