- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Providing regional content in local languages was important for all major platforms as part of the overall growth for the media & entertainment (M&E) sector, Information & Broadcasting (I&B) ministry secretary NK Sinha said while addressing CASBAA convention at Macau.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an Open House Discussion (OHD) on 1 November “Ease of Doing Business in Broadcasting Sector”.
TDSAT posts Dish TV–Videocon d2h vs Star India case on issue of launch of pay GEC Star Bharat on DD Freedish on 12 Oct. In earlier hearing, Star had placed a chart before the tribunal containing the list of 8 channels that are available on Freedish while continuing to remain pay channels as carried by Videocon d2h or Dish.
TRAI had noted that a business-friendly environment is a prerequisite for the growth of the broadcasting sector, which has seen an increasing number of distribution platforms including cable TV networks, DTH service providers, HITS operators and IPTV players.
DD Freedish has cancelled the 37th e-auction of non-news slots scheduled for 22 August due to administrative issues.
Pro Kabaddi league has propelled Star India’s FTA sports channel Star Sports First to the top position in sports in the very first week of its launch.
Star Utsav’s bid of Rs 8.4 cr is the highest amount paid by any channel for buying a slot on Freedish. Star India had acquired two more slots for Rs 8.3 cr and Rs 8.2 cr. In the news category, News18 India was the highest bidder at Rs 6.7 cr.
After adding horror and comedy shows to its content offering, Big Magic is airing a two-month animation film festival ‘Chutti Express’, conceptualised especially for kids.
Broadcasters have given a cold shoulder to DD Freedish’s 32nd e-auction due to the increase in reserve price to Rs 8 crore. This was the first time that DD Freedish had invited only non-news channels to bid for vacant slots.