- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Digital network Culture Machine has elevated Devleena S Majumder to chief of staff (COS). She will continue to report to CEO & co-founder Sameer Pitalwalla.
Dekkho will largely focus on youth-based videos and regional content across six languages, primarily serving the 18-30 year old mobile audience.
Popular Tamil digital media brand Put Chutney by Culture Machine is foraying into television content production by collaborating with Star India’s Tamil GEC Star Vijay.
Dekkho has selected Brightcove to power its OTT service. Brightcove is a leading provider of cloud services for video.
Culture Machine has reorganised its sales team. The company has promoted Siddharth Narula, who was serving as president – revenue, to chief revenue officer.
Culture Machine was very active in 2016, creating content across numerous genres. Its popular digital channel ‘Being Indian’ garnered over 1 million YouTube subscribers.
Strengthening its foothold in the US market, Culture Machine has partnered with Scout Media to provide its Video Machine services.
YuppTV has raised $50 mn funding from KKR-backed Emerald Media, making it the first significant private equity deal in the OTT space in India.
Ruchir Joshi will manage the content division across all channels owned and operated by the company. He will be based in Mumbai and report to CEO, co-founder Sameer Pitalwalla.