- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Hindi GEC Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has pipped biggies Star Plus and Colors to emerge as the number 1 channel in urban HSM in week 40 of BARC ratings for period ending 6 October.
Star Bharat’s good beginning signifies the growing importance of Freedish as a distribution platform. Unlike its predecessor Life OK, Star Bharat made itself available on DD’s subscription-free DTH platform. In the TV ratings game, rural has also become an important element.
Colors pushed out Zee TV from the second position in the urban + rural HSM, according to BARC data for the week ended 25 August.
Colors registered 41.48 cr weekly impressions in urban HSM. Zee Anmol maintained its lead in U+R HSM with 67.15 cr weekly impressions.
Star Plus reclaimed its top spot in urban HSM while Colors slipped to the second spot in Week 32. Zee Anmol stayed at the top in U+R HSM with 66.59 crore weekly impressions.
Displacing Star Plus, Colors grabbed the top spot in urban HSM. Zee Anmol maintained its lead in U+R HSM for the second straight week.
FTA channel Zee Anmol took the lead in U+R and rural HSM. Zee TV maintained its 2nd position in U+R HSM while Star Plus dropped to the 3rd place.
The hierarchy of Hindi GECs witnessed hardly any change in Week 29, as per BARC India data.
Compared to last week, Star Plus saw a miniscule growth of 0.7% in its viewership. Sony Pal maintained its 2nd position with 57.70 cr weekly impressions, down 3.04% from earlier week.