- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
The Advertisers Standards Council of India (ASCI) has pulled up Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV for misleading ads.
ASCI has pulled up Times Network for its misleading ad claiming that Times Now is the No. 1 English news channel.
ASCI Consumer Complaints Council has upheld complaints against Hindi news channel Aaj Tak and English news channel CNN News 18 for false advertisement claims.
ASCI’s Consumer Complaints Council (CCC) has upheld complaints against Zee Business, ET Now and Dish TV India for false ad claims.
The WhatsApp platform registers 200 million monthly active users in India. With more and more consumers accessing WhatsApp, ASCI’s WhatsApp number has radically increased its outreach. In one year since launch, the WhatsApp number contributes to approximately 15% of the total number of advertisements complained against by consumers.
Of the 151 ads against which complaints were upheld, 75 belonged to Education, 39 to Healthcare, followed by 10 in Food & Beverages, eight in Personal Care, and 19 advertisements to other categories.
Anil Ambani-promoted Business Broadcast Network has appointed Monica Tata as COO of its English business news channel BTVi.
Out of 109 advertisements against which complaints were upheld, 41 belonged to the Healthcare & Personal Care category, 23 to the Education category, followed by 12 in the Food & Beverages category, 9 in the E-commerce Category, 9 in Consumer Durables Category and 15 advertisements from other categories.
Asci has affirmed the soundness of the claims of ‘Emami 7 Oils in One Damage Control Hair Oil’ of providing ‘up to 20x stronger hair’ and ‘up to 96% less hair fall’.