- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
For first half of 2017, Hotstar continues to be in No. 1 spot in terms of monthly active usage. JioTV, JioCinema, Voot, Amazon Prime Video and SonyLiv follow.
Hotstar is scaling up its premium subscription-based offering as it takes on global giants Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. After HBO, ABC and Fox shows, Star has inked a deal with CBS to bring the US cable brand Showtime to India.
Hotstar has forayed into regional content with its new original series in Tamil, ‘As I’m Suffering from Kadhal’, in association with celebrated film director Balaji Mohan.
Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV has claimed that it has crossed one million viewers on Hotstar within a day of its launch.
The film, set to a track composed by Sneha Khanwalkar and performed by rapper Naezy, opens with people from different walks of life in a typical Indian city getting their game face on.
Hotstar ropes in Vivo and Maruti Suzuki as co-presenting sponsors at “record-breaking” rates in digital space. Whatever be the commercial numbers, IPL is batting on a stronger wicket, both on TV and on OTT. New season of IPL is going to fetch peak revenues for Sony and Star India. Sony is looking at ad revenue of Rs 1,300 crore from the TV telecast of IPL 10.
Star’s streaming platform Hotstar is expanding its premium service with a new storytelling format, CinePlay, under its ‘Originals’ banner.
Hotstar has inked a multi-year SVOD deal with Disney to showcase the studio’s hits exclusively on Hotstar Premium in India.
Hotstar has claimed that it has appropriated the top spot on iTunes as Apple TV’s App of the Year for India 2016. Its service on Apple TV is new as the app was launched only in August.