- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
TV Today files Rs 100 crore defamation suit against Radio City
The court has granted TV Today Network Limited interim relief. Radio City has now given an undertaking not to rebroadcast the defamatory content.
The case was filed in connection with Radio City’s defamatory comments on a show aired on 17 June, in connection with an interview of former IPL chief Lalit Modi conducted by India Today consulting editor Rajdeep Sardesai.
The broadcast company alleges that the radio station made comments which tarnished and defamed the plaintiff. The case was listed and heard in the court of Justice Gautam Patel.
Besides granting injunction against re-broadcast, Radio City has also given an undertaking that they will not disseminate the offensive content which is subject matter of the suit on any other media including all forms of printed, digital and audio or audit visual dissemination including without limitation any such dissemination by SMS, Whatsapp or any other communication mode using a smart phone, cellular device, handheld devise or computer in addition to print and tangible media.