- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
TV Today files Rs 100 crore defamation suit against Radio City
The court has granted TV Today Network Limited interim relief. Radio City has now given an undertaking not to rebroadcast the defamatory content.
The case was filed in connection with Radio City’s defamatory comments on a show aired on 17 June, in connection with an interview of former IPL chief Lalit Modi conducted by India Today consulting editor Rajdeep Sardesai.
The broadcast company alleges that the radio station made comments which tarnished and defamed the plaintiff. The case was listed and heard in the court of Justice Gautam Patel.
Besides granting injunction against re-broadcast, Radio City has also given an undertaking that they will not disseminate the offensive content which is subject matter of the suit on any other media including all forms of printed, digital and audio or audit visual dissemination including without limitation any such dissemination by SMS, Whatsapp or any other communication mode using a smart phone, cellular device, handheld devise or computer in addition to print and tangible media.