- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Times of India releases 3.0 version of its digital app
MUMBAI: Times of India, India’s most read English daily, has released version 3.0 of its iPhone and Android app. The latest apps boast of a sleeker design, enhanced user experience and a host of new features.
While the iOS app for iPhone & iPod touch gets an entirely new user friendly design, day/night themes, adjustable font size and the ability to zoom in to photos, the new Android app has a contemporary card layout, an expandable widget with choice of section and refresh rate, an additional colour theme and the ability to effortlessly switch between Portrait and Landscape modes.
Times of India (Digital) business head Puneet Gupt said, “We have evolved the apps into an entirely new experience based on feedback from millions of our users. Along with the depth and breadth of Times of India’s news coverage, these apps now come packed with a stronger feature set to ensure that staying up-to-date is now an even more pleasant and enriching experience. Version 3.0 apps are our best apps for iOS and Android till date.”
Other improvements to the apps include visibly faster response, an entire new line of push notifications, complete election coverage and better handling of memory and space used by the applications. Version 3.0 apps can be used on iOS 6 and above for Apple users and Android 2.3 and above for the Android platform.