- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Red FM to hots its on-ground property ‘MusiCom’ in six cities
MUMBAI: Private radio network Red FM is set to host its new live music and comedy property ‘Musicom’ across six cities in India.
The event will take place on 29 July at Nazrul Manch in Kolkata, 30 July at Siri in Delhi, 5 August at Rangsharda in Mumbai, 6 August at Law Audi in Chandigarh, 12 August at St John’s Auditorium in Bangalore and 13 August at Mahatma Phule Sanskrutik Bhavan in Pune.
The new live format will bring two art forms together, featuring musicians combined with the comedians. The new initiatives will be kick-started by popular indie band Indian Ocean, along with satirical humour group Aisi Taisi Democracy. The tickets are priced at Rs 750 to Rs 1500 and are live on Bookmyshow and Insider.
Red FM COO Nisha Narayanan said, “We are very excited to bring this format of live music and stand-up comedy together under our IP ‘MusiCom’. Music and Comedy go hand in hand where entertainment is concerned. Under RED LIVE which is our on-ground property, we aim to be closer to our audience. We have challenged content and experimented with different formats always. I am personally a fan of Indian Ocean and just like Aisi Taisi Democracy ours is also a satirical brand. It made perfect sense to kickstart MusiCom with these artists. Like we always say, let’s ‘Bajaate Raho!’ Look forward to seeing you all at the events across all 6 cities.”
Rahul Ram, who is the common link between both Indian Ocean and Aisi Taisi Democracy, added, “I am really excited that Red FM’s MusiCom is bringing together Indian Ocean and Aisi Taisi Democracy to the same stage for the first time. Since I am a part of both, I will practically be on stage for the entire show. I’m sweating it but I’m loving it!”