- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Red FM ropes in Viacom18’s Ranjit Phatak as national programming head
MUMBAI: FM radio operator Red FM has appointed Ranjit Phatak as the national programming head.
Phatak, who was leading the creative and strategic vision of MTV programming at Viacom18, will now lead the programming for Red FM network based out of Mumbai.
Ranjit comes with an experience of more than 16 years in the programming industry. He has been the programming lead for some of the top shows like ‘MTV Love School’, ‘MTV Bakra’, ‘Roadies season 7’, ‘Emotional Atyachaar’ and ‘Big Switch’.
Said Ranjit, “I am very excited to get aboard on Red FM. For me this also acts as a platform of change, moving from a TV background to radio where I feel there is a huge potential for this media. As for contributing to Red FM’s programming, I plan to stick to the basics of ‘Bajaate Raho’ and build from that.”
With the new hire in the leadership team, Red FM COO Nisha Narayanan said, “Ranjit has had an illustrious career in the television industry. Having worked on brands like MTV & Bindaas his vast knowledge and experience about the variety of audience specifically the youth will act as a major catalyst in amplifying our Bajaate Raho proposition through interesting, innovating & youthful content on air. We aim to push the envelope further with his induction to the team.”