- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Radio One launches year-long football campaign
MUMBAI: With the FIFA World Cup 2014 around the corner, Radio One has kicked off a year -long football campaign.
The campaign has kicked off with a song ‘Just Kick It’ created by the radio station’s in house band comprising members from different departments within the radio network. It is fronted by the network’s MD and CEO Vineet Singh Hukmani.
The English track has been produced in house, and the song along with the music video has been released on YouTube. It went on-air from today.
Hukmani commented, “Its so much fun to belong to an innovative team and was a pleasure playing this with the talented band of people we have at Radio One.”
As per a statement, the track has already garnered over 10,000 views on YouTube in 72 hours, with over 2500 likes on Facebook. The song is available as a free download and the Radio One band also plans to perform it live soon.
The campaign will run in all seven cities of the network, beginning much before the matches in Brazil and will continue right across the year highlighting all the major football tournaments in the year to come.
Radio One chief programming officer Anil Machado said, “It will also cover exciting football destinations globally and the international music associated with the game over the last 30 years.”
Moreover, a special Facebook football community has also been created by the network called ‘Radio One Football and More’, ensuring listeners across India congregate around the game and the community grows.
Radio One chief marketing officer Shyju Varkey said, “This song is our tribute to the game, its stars and our passionate listeners. We are building a long term base with football lovers in India which spans right across the year and not just for the world championship. We have some exciting brands and celebrities coming on board throughout the year which will soon be revealed.”