- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Radio Mirchi’s Kaan Awards to fight mediocrity in radio advertising
MUMBAI: Aiming to fight mediocrity in radio advertising, private FM radio station Radio Mirchi has announced the eleventh edition of its Mirchi Kaan Awards with the theme ‘Mute the Clichés’.
The Kaan Awards honours excellence in radio advertising. As a prelude to the kick-off of the call for entries, Mirchi urged advertising gurus to pledge their support against the clichés used in radio advertising through an attention-grabbing skit performed at a dozen top advertising agencies in Mumbai including Ogilvy & Mather, Contract, Grey, Havas, McCann, Rediffusion and RK Swamy BBDO among others.
Entertainment Network (India) Ltd national marketing head GG Jayanta said, “Over the years, we have seen a surge in the number of entries and this year too we are confident of attracting a record number of entries. It has been our endeavour to honour creativity in radio advertising and this year’s theme ‘Mute the Clichés’ reinforces that.”
Lookalikes of prominent clichéd personalities in radio advertising such as Gabbar, Sachin Tendulkar and Amitabh Bachchan visited these agencies and requested the ad folks to think beyond the set formula of using their voices/popular dialogues in advertising spots through a crowd-pleasing, entertaining act.
Started in 2004, Mirchi Kaan Awards celebrates excellence in radio advertising by acknowledging and applauding ground-breaking campaigns using radio as a medium. Spread across 19 categories this year, gold, silver and bronze awards will be presented across categories encompassing a range of corporate and retail advertising—from FMCG to jewellery, from banking to educational institutes, from public service to apparel brands.
Apart from these, special awards including ‘Client of the Year’, ‘Radio Writer of the Year’, ‘Agency of the Year’, ‘Production House of the Year’, ‘Voice of the Year’, ‘Crystal Award’ and ‘Best Use of Radio as a Medium’ will also be presented.