- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Radio Mirchi Q3 net zooms 27% to Rs 32.86 crore
MUMBAI: Entertainment Network India Ltd (ENIL), which operates private FM radio network Radio Mirchi, has reported a net profit of Rs 32.86 crore (Rs 328.6 million) for the quarter ended 31 December 2014.
The company’s net profit zoomed 27 per cent in Q3 FY15, compared to Rs 25.87 crore (Rs 258.7 million) recorded a year ago.
While total income from operations saw an increase of 17.7 per cent to Rs 116.98 crore (Rs 1.17 billion) from Rs 98.52 crore (Rs 985.2 million) last year, marketing expenses also increased by 86 per cent to Rs 25.75 crore (Rs 257.5 million), compared to Rs 13.85 crore (Rs 138.5 million) in the year-ago period.
The company’s total expenses stood at Rs 80.52 crore (Rs 805.2 million), up 17.7 per cent from the year-ago period. Of this total, Radio Mirchi reported expenses of Rs 68.38 crore (Rs 683.8 million).
Meanwhile, profit from operations before other income, finance cost and exceptional items was at Rs 36.46 crore (Rs 364.6 million), marking a 21 per cent increase from Rs 30.13 crore (Rs 301.3 million) registered in the same quarter a year ago.