- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Radio Mirchi launches online ghazal radio station
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi launched a 24×7 internet ghazal radio station called Mirchi Mehfil.
With the launch of Mirchi Mehfil, Radio Mirchi has taken its offering in the online radio space to 15 different genre-based radio stations, which can all be consumed on Gaana.
The station is designed for the young, upwardly mobile, tech savvy listener who is always on the move. It has segments like the Urban Ghazal dictionary, which will make the Ghazal nuances easy to understand. The idea is to build appreciation for the genre. There will be a big social media promotion plan around the station too to build an online community around the genre.
Radio Mirchi head of digital initiatives Rahul Balyan said, “Ghazal is a unique art form and Urdu is a heritage of the Indian subcontinent. We have given it a modern platform in the form of an online radio station. With its sharp and crisp expressions, ghazals can be highly appealing to the twitter generation of today.
“We aim to present it in all its traditional romantic appeal with a modern touch, and make it available to connoisseur of poetry and ghazals across the world. With each of our online stations, we aim to create the world’s best product, and are happy to have the association of Roop Kumar and Sunali Rathod in this project. We will continue to expand our offerings in partnership with Gaana, stay tuned.”