- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Radio Mirchi launches online ghazal radio station
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi launched a 24×7 internet ghazal radio station called Mirchi Mehfil.
With the launch of Mirchi Mehfil, Radio Mirchi has taken its offering in the online radio space to 15 different genre-based radio stations, which can all be consumed on Gaana.
The station is designed for the young, upwardly mobile, tech savvy listener who is always on the move. It has segments like the Urban Ghazal dictionary, which will make the Ghazal nuances easy to understand. The idea is to build appreciation for the genre. There will be a big social media promotion plan around the station too to build an online community around the genre.
Radio Mirchi head of digital initiatives Rahul Balyan said, “Ghazal is a unique art form and Urdu is a heritage of the Indian subcontinent. We have given it a modern platform in the form of an online radio station. With its sharp and crisp expressions, ghazals can be highly appealing to the twitter generation of today.
“We aim to present it in all its traditional romantic appeal with a modern touch, and make it available to connoisseur of poetry and ghazals across the world. With each of our online stations, we aim to create the world’s best product, and are happy to have the association of Roop Kumar and Sunali Rathod in this project. We will continue to expand our offerings in partnership with Gaana, stay tuned.”