- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Radio City launches new station in Jamshedpur
MUMBAI: Jagran Prakashan’s subsidiary Music Broadcast Ltd, which operates Radio City, has announced the launch of a new FM radio station in Jamshedpur. The frequency for the Jamshedpur location is 91.1 F.M.
The new radio station was acquired under Phase III auctions held last financial year. Carrying forward the mantle of ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’, the radio network will focus on content that appeals to all listeners in Jamshedpur.
The new station promises to be a one-stop destination for various genres of music, from romantic music, wistful retro music, new-age peppy songs to heart-rendering ghazals. It will also air day-to-day city happenings along with the daily dose of humour.
Music Broadcast Ltd CEO Abraham Thomas said, “We are thrilled to mark our footprint in the city of Jamshedpur with the launch of Radio City 91.1 FM. With each new city, we continue to spread our brand ethos—‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’—and promise to provide our listeners the best of localised and customised content.”
The new station was launched by Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan, who stated, “I would like to congratulate Radio City on the spectacular launch in Jamshedpur. I am certain that listeners in Jamshedpur will groove to the melodies on air as much as I do. I am confident that the launch of Radio City 91.1 FM in Jamshedpur will win many hearts. ‘Rag Rag Mein Jamshedpur City… FM Bole Toh Radio City’.”
Music Broadcast Ltd currently runs 39 stations, including 11 newly acquired stations in Phase III auctions. Radio City, in its third phase of expansion, has launched stations in Kanpur Ajmer, Kota, Udaipur, Patiala and Jamshedpur, and will soon be launching in Patna, Nashik, Kolhapur and Madurai. It also operates a web radio on Planetradiocity.com, which offers 40 stations.