- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Radio City launches campaign in 20 cities
MUMBAI: Private FM radio network Radio City 91.1 FM has launched a new campaign called ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’ across 20 cities.
With these city-specific tunes, Radio City intends to redefine localisation and a unique city identity for its listeners.
‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’ seeks to bind citizens to their city by invoking a feeling of city pride. For instance, ‘Rag Rag Mein Mumbai City’ symbolizes the passion a Mumbaikar feels for the Mumbai Indians, ‘Madhi Madhi lo Hyderabad City’ brings out the pride a Hyderabadi feels for his Biryani, just as ‘Rag Rag Ma Ahmedabad City’ signifies the connect an Amdavadi has with his or her Garba-Raas.
“City is not just in our name; it runs through our veins and that is the thought behind this campaign. The passion a person feels for his city and the pride associated with the spirit of the city is something that runs deep through the DNA of Radio City. Radio City is not just one national brand but 39 (soon-to-be) local brands, and to capture this ideology we launched ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’,” said Radio City 91.1 FM CEO Abraham Thomas.
The funds for the campaign has been sung by singers Sukhwinder Singh, Keerthi Sagathia and Karthik. Keeping in mind the local flavour, the campaign will entail flash mobs, viral marketing, branded merchandise and integrated branding associations on and off air in each city.
Radio City has presence across 30 cities and the count will go up to 41 cities owing to the first round of the Phase III radio auctions.