- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
Radio City launches 4 new stations in Rajasthan
MUMBAI: After launching six stations in UP, private FM radio operator Radio City has strengthened its presence in Rajasthan by launching four new stations in Ajmer, Udaipur, Kota and Bikaner.
The private FM channel launched Radio City Ajmer 104.8 FM on 10 December and announced the launch of Radio City 91.9 FM in Udaipur and Radio City 91.1 FM in Kota on 12 December. There will soon be a new station in Bikaner. With this new launch, Radio City has a total of five stations in Rajasthan.
Radio City promises its listeners a unique experience with music spanning genres like romantic, retro, new-age peppy songs and ghazals.
Music Broadcast Ltd CEO Abraham Thomas said, “With launch of our four new stations in the key markets of Rajasthan, we are excited to become a strong radio network, covering five cities in the state now. After a heart-warming response in Jaipur, we are all set to entertain our listeners in Ajmer, Udaipur, Kota and Bikaner. We want to give our listeners the best of localised content and entertainment in sync with our ideology ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’.”
The station launch in Udaipur not only saw a royal procession from the Radio City office to the Maharaja palace to seek his blessings but also had renowned actor Hrithik Roshan introduce Love Guru, Babbar Sher, Kal Bhi Aaj Bhi on air.
Music Broadcast Ltd currently runs 39 stations, including 11 new stations acquired in Phase III auctions. Radio City, in its third phase of expansion, recently launched the Kanpur station and will soon be launching stations in Ajmer, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Patiala, Patna, Jamshedpur, Nasik, Kolhapur and Madurai. Radio City also operates a web radio on Planetradiocity.com which has 40 stations as of date.