- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Radio City extends singing talent hunt to eight more cities
MUMBAI: Private FM radio network Radio City 91.1 FM has extended its singing talent hunt property ‘Radio City Super Singer Season 8’ to eight more cities. It invites all aspiring singers to let their singing talent help propel them into limelight.
With 2.1 lakh auditions across the country last year, Radio City has set a target of reaching out to 5 crore (50 million) audience across 28 cities.
Radio City EVP & national head – programming, marketing, AudaCITY Kartik Kalla said, “The journey of seven seasons of ‘Radio City Super Singer’ has been an endeavour in itself. It has undoubtedly carved its mark and given some great talent to the industry. We are certain that Season 8 will also be a phenomenal success across the country.”
The theme this year of Jinki Rag Rag Mein Hai Singing takes forward the brand proposition of Rag Rag Mein Daude City. With final five contestants battling it out in each city for the top position, participants will get a chance to win cash prize of lakhs along with a chance to be featured live on Radio City 91.1 FM.
Radio City Super Singer 2016 is presented by LuvIt Chocolates. There will be multiple platforms for singers to register and audition in each city. Singers can register with a simple call or SMS, by going to Infiniti Mall, Malad (Mumbai), colleges or by walking into the Radio City studios. Radio City-branded vehicles moving around the city will be used as a medium to audition. Digitally, Radio City will facilitate the option to upload/record voice clips on planetradiocity.com/radiocitysupersinger. The hunt culminates with a grand finale across 22 cities in September.