- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Radio City 91.1 FM launches in Patiala
MUMBAI: Jagran Prakashan-owned FM radio network Radio City 91.1 has launched in Patiala. The station has been launched by popular Punjabi pop artist Daler Mehndi.
The station, whose tagline is ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’, will focus on content that appeals to all the Patialvis, from the foot-thumping Punjabi bhangra to the popular ‘Love Guru’ in Punjabi, from city happenings to humour.
Talking about the launch, Music Broadcast Ltd CEO Abraham Thomas said, “With the launch of our station in Patiala, we mark our expansion in the state of Punjab. With each new city that we enter, we continue to spread our brand ethos—‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’. We promise to give our listeners the best of localised and customised content, and with this launch, we are elated to introduce ‘Love Guru’ in Punjabi for our listeners in Punjab.”
Music Broadcast Ltd currently has 39 stations, including 11 newly acquired stations in Phase III auctions covering Kanpur, Ajmer, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Patiala, Patna, Jamshedpur, Nasik, Kolhapur and Madurai. Radio City also operates a web radio on Planetradiocity.com, which currently has 40 stations.