- Trump Tower Mumbai Sales to Resume, Comes with Private Jet Service
- Subrata Paul suspended for dope taint, will go for 'B' sample test
- TCS, Infosys got only 8.8% of total H-1B visas: Nasscom's rebuttal to US
- Chhota Rajan, 3 others awarded 7-year jail term in fake passport case
- Shutdown in Tamil Nadu, DMK's MK Stalin arrested
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya Singh gets bail
Radio City 91.1 FM launches in Patiala
MUMBAI: Jagran Prakashan-owned FM radio network Radio City 91.1 has launched in Patiala. The station has been launched by popular Punjabi pop artist Daler Mehndi.
The station, whose tagline is ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’, will focus on content that appeals to all the Patialvis, from the foot-thumping Punjabi bhangra to the popular ‘Love Guru’ in Punjabi, from city happenings to humour.
Talking about the launch, Music Broadcast Ltd CEO Abraham Thomas said, “With the launch of our station in Patiala, we mark our expansion in the state of Punjab. With each new city that we enter, we continue to spread our brand ethos—‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’. We promise to give our listeners the best of localised and customised content, and with this launch, we are elated to introduce ‘Love Guru’ in Punjabi for our listeners in Punjab.”
Music Broadcast Ltd currently has 39 stations, including 11 newly acquired stations in Phase III auctions covering Kanpur, Ajmer, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Patiala, Patna, Jamshedpur, Nasik, Kolhapur and Madurai. Radio City also operates a web radio on Planetradiocity.com, which currently has 40 stations.