- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry objected to the way FM stations broadcast content and RJ talk, and issued a diktat to personally supervise them.
I&B ministry brings back the ghost of cross-media ownership by making a reference to TRAI to look into the issue of vertical integration in the broadcasting and TV distribution sector and cross-media holdings across the TV, print and radio sectors.
The government has cleared the guidelines for FM Phase III expansion through private companies. E-auctions will be held in 294 cities for 839 channels.
FM Phase II was successfull with Radio City, BAG Films, Big FM, Adlabs, South Asia FM, ENIL winning big, while Super FM and Z FM surrendered its licenses.