- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
PlanetRadiocity.com introduces ‘Open Mic’ platform for artists
MUMBAI: Web radio portal PlanetRadiocity.com’s online station Radio City Freedom has taken a step ahead from just promoting independent music, artists, and bands. The web station has kick-started ‘Open Mic’, a platform that will give talented individuals a chance to carve a name for themselves.
‘Open Mic’ is a live show where talented individuals are given an opportunity to perform in front of a audience. Considering this, PlanetRadiocity.com has called independent artists from the fields of poetry, story-telling, and spoken words to make the web radio station their platform to showcase their talent.
Every fortnight on Friday at 4 pm, budding artists can come forward and make themselves heard online.
With the objective of giving listeners a chance to promote themselves irrespective of their language and location, ‘Open Mic’ will promote non-music indie content on radio.
Besides, the web radio is giving an option of personalization of a playlist for users. The web radio station has created a microsite where listeners across the globe can pick and choose the songs to be a part of their playlist. Every Friday between 3 pm and 4 pm, the station will play a selected listener’s playlist on ‘Radio City Dance’.