- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Narendra Modi to connect with people via AIR on 3 Oct
MUMBAI: Reiterating his thought of reaching out to the people through radio, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will connect with the masses via All India Radio on 3 October.
Modi will address the nation and will speak on some of the issues that have been raised in his open forum ‘Mann Ki Baat’. People can express their views on the forum available on http://mygov.nic.in/.
The PM’s address will be broadcast through AIR and also through private radio and TV channels in India at 11 am.
The broadcast will be carried simultaneously by AIR in different modes and channels including midwave, shortwave, FM network, Vividh Bharati and local radio stations. It will thus reach 99.2 per cent population of India.
Doordarshan too will carry the audio of the PM’s address with suitable visuals and footages. That same day, regional versions of the broadcast will be aired in the regional network of AIR at 8 pm. This is to ensure dissemination of the massage to the largest possible audience.