- Twist in Sheena case: Indrani seeks to pin blame on Peter Mukerjea
- Ryan school murder: Court to hear accused bus conductor's bail plea today
- BCCI set to revoke ban on RCA soon
- Only 93 lakh 'green tax' spent by Delhi govt out of crores, RTI reveals
- Reliance Group shares plunge
Music Broadcast to rebrand 8 Radio Mantra stations as Radio City
MUMBAI: Jagran Prakashan Group-promoted Music Broadcast Ltd (MBL) is rebranding its eight Radio Mantra FM stations as Radio City.
MBL operates eight Radio Mantra stations in Agra, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Jalandhar, Ranchi, Hissar and Karnal, and 31 stations under the Radio City brand. The rebranding will help Radio City to strengthen its brand even further and expand its reach to a much larger set of audience.
With this change, the brand’s philosophy of ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’ will run through the veins of 39 cities across 12 states.
In 2014, JPG had acquired a majority stake in MBL in an all-cash deal, following which Radio Mantra (then owned by a JPG subsidiary) was merged with MBL.
MBL has been expansion into new markets after obtaining 11 frequencies under the first batch of FM Phase III. The company had acquired frequencies in cities like Patna, Kanpur and Kolhapur. The company recently commenced broadcast from its Patna radio station. The frequency of the Patna location is 91.1 FM.