- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Music Broadcast to rebrand 8 Radio Mantra stations as Radio City
MUMBAI: Jagran Prakashan Group-promoted Music Broadcast Ltd (MBL) is rebranding its eight Radio Mantra FM stations as Radio City.
MBL operates eight Radio Mantra stations in Agra, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Jalandhar, Ranchi, Hissar and Karnal, and 31 stations under the Radio City brand. The rebranding will help Radio City to strengthen its brand even further and expand its reach to a much larger set of audience.
With this change, the brand’s philosophy of ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’ will run through the veins of 39 cities across 12 states.
In 2014, JPG had acquired a majority stake in MBL in an all-cash deal, following which Radio Mantra (then owned by a JPG subsidiary) was merged with MBL.
MBL has been expansion into new markets after obtaining 11 frequencies under the first batch of FM Phase III. The company had acquired frequencies in cities like Patna, Kanpur and Kolhapur. The company recently commenced broadcast from its Patna radio station. The frequency of the Patna location is 91.1 FM.