- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
MIB extends migration dates for FM Phase II operators
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has extended the migration dates for FM radio operators from Phase II to Phase III.
The move was taken after the Association of Radio Operators for India secretary general Uday Chawla had written a letter to the ministry on 28 September, requesting an extension of time in respect of Phase II operators (not Phase I operators) for payment of net payable migration amount.
As per Chawla’s request, the ministry has now revised the dates. The last date for payment of 25 per cent net payable amount under migration has been extended from 30 September to 5 October.
Meanwhile, the last date for payment of balance amount under migration has been revised from 10 October to 15 October.
Furthermore, the MIB also informed that the calculation of migration fee has been done as per the recommendation of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) dated 20 February.
According to the NOTMF for existing cities listed out by the ministry a few days ago, the existing permission holders of Phase II who have opted for migration to Phase III within the cut-off date shall deposit 25 per cent of the NOTMF amount within five calendar days and the balance amount within 15 days from the date of the notification.
The permission holders will be required to sign a fresh grant of permission agreement (GOPA) in the prescribed format within 15 days of payment of the full NOTMF amount.
The FM operators who exercised the option to migrate to Phase III may choose not to migrate within five calendar days from the date of the notification of the NOTMF.