- Arun Jaitley calls for expeditious use of penalising power by ED
- Triple talaq misused to satify lust, says UP minister
- 9 lakh registered companies not filing returns: Revenue Secretary Adhia
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai received nearly US $200 million salary last year
- India welcomes Cyprus support for NSG bid
- Murder at Jaya's tea estate: Main suspect killed, another injured in two accidents
MIB directs FM radio ops to make e-payment of licence fee
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed FM radio operators to remit all payments to the ministry electronically. Earlier, the ministry had sent a similar directive to all TV broadcasters.
To implement the Digital India initiative, the government of India has launched a Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry has asked all concerned to pay licence fee in electronic mode only (i.e. by credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, broadcasters/teleport operators/news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.