- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
MIB directs FM radio ops to make e-payment of licence fee
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed FM radio operators to remit all payments to the ministry electronically. Earlier, the ministry had sent a similar directive to all TV broadcasters.
To implement the Digital India initiative, the government of India has launched a Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry has asked all concerned to pay licence fee in electronic mode only (i.e. by credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, broadcasters/teleport operators/news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.