- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
MIB directs FM radio ops to make e-payment of licence fee
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed FM radio operators to remit all payments to the ministry electronically. Earlier, the ministry had sent a similar directive to all TV broadcasters.
To implement the Digital India initiative, the government of India has launched a Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry has asked all concerned to pay licence fee in electronic mode only (i.e. by credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, broadcasters/teleport operators/news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.