- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
MIB directs FM radio ops to make e-payment of licence fee
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed FM radio operators to remit all payments to the ministry electronically. Earlier, the ministry had sent a similar directive to all TV broadcasters.
To implement the Digital India initiative, the government of India has launched a Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry has asked all concerned to pay licence fee in electronic mode only (i.e. by credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, broadcasters/teleport operators/news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.