- Govt to integrate BHIM app with Aadhaar for transactions
- Baby steps for Flipkart: Invests $2 million in parenting network TinyStep
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea charged with murder
- Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio spar over home broadband
- Sensex negative, Nifty tests 8400; RIL sheds over 2%
- GST deadlock ends: All set for 1 July roll out; uncertainty clears for India Inc
- EC decision helps pass Samajwadi Party legacy to son Akhilesh
- Reserve Bank of India raises daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 10000
- Underwater search for missing Malaysian flight ends without a trace
MIB directs FM radio ops to make e-payment of licence fee
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed FM radio operators to remit all payments to the ministry electronically. Earlier, the ministry had sent a similar directive to all TV broadcasters.
To implement the Digital India initiative, the government of India has launched a Non-Tax Revenue Portal (NTRP) for collection of non-tax revenue receipts.
The ministry has asked all concerned to pay licence fee in electronic mode only (i.e. by credit card/debit card/net banking/ RTGSAIEFT) and not in physical form of payment (bank draft/cheque).
For making payments through NTRP, broadcasters/teleport operators/news agencies can visit bharatkosh.gov.in.