- Four hundred TMC members join BJP in Tripura
- JK issue must be resolved as per Kashmiris' aspirations: Pakistan
- Kapil Sharma hit Sunil Grover with a shoe, confirms a crew member
- Baahubali 2: SS Rajamouli's Film To Release Across 6500 Screens
- Bombay HC to state: No punitive action against resident doctors if they resume work
- AIADMK Deputy General Secretary Dinakaran & rebel Madhusudhanan file papers for bypoll
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad beats AI staffer with slippers, employees demand strict action
MIB advises private FM players to air 2 jingles on positive portrayal of women
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting ( MIB) has advised private FM radio broadcasters who have signed the grant of permission agreement (GOPA) to air two jingles of 60 seconds and 57 seconds aimed to disseminate the positive portrayal of women.
All private FM radio broadcasters have been advised to broadcast the jingles at least twice a day during peak hours, in conformity with Clause 11.2 of the GOPA.
The clause states, “The permission holder shall also broadcast public interest announcements as may be required by the Central government/state government concerned for maximum of one hour per day suitable/proportional time slots interspersed during that day shall be earmarked for this purpose. In case the total demand of Central government and the state government exceeds one hour per day, the state government concerned shall be eligible for announcements covering only the period remaining after meeting the demand of the Central government.”
The ministry also requested to examine the feasibility of broadcasting jingles on the positive portrayal of women as the subject is of national interest. The recommendation to the private FM channels was undersigned by the Justice Usha Mehra Commission.