- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Live radio concert GigCity returns for a second season
MUMBAI: Radio City 91.1 FM brings back live radio concert GigCity for a second season.
Artists including KK, Kailash Kher, Shankar Mahadevan (MCMM), Benny Dayal and Mika are all set to get 5.25 crore Indians grooving.
GigCity follows the concept of ‘Aap Jahaan, Concert Wahaan’, where fans can catch up with an artist’s gig. GigCity Season two will be hosted by RJ Salil who will engage the audience with some interesting facts about the artists and their gig. GigCity in this new season will witness an amazing line up of artists for 6 weeks giving them an experience like never before.
KK kick-starts GigCity season two on 26 May at 6 pm and on Saturday at 9 am.
“Radio City’s idea of a live radio concert in itself is very innovative and I am extremely excited to start this season and be a part of GIGCity season 2. Reaching out to 5.25 crore listeners will be an experience to cherish. Looking forward to a great gig,” said KK.
Radio City 91.1 FM executive VP, national head, programming, marketing and audacity Kartik Kalla said, “After an astounding and award winning first season, we are all set to shake up the music space by announcing GigCity season two with a fresh line-up of musical maestros. This year we are elated to take GigCity to all our newly launched phase 3 markets giving our listeners an experience of a lifetime. Listeners consume great content, not just platforms, and with innovative properties like GIGCity we give our listeners an opportunity to provide engaging content across, on-air and online medium.”
“Radio as a medium has always excited me and being a part of live radio concert connects me with my fans across the nation. It’s a thrilling experience, very challenging and at the same time exhilarating! Like the first season I am sure the second season of GIGCity will be grander,” said Kailash Kher.
GigCity season two will be aired across all Hindi-speaking markets covering 25 markets and this year the concert will be aired for the first time in the newly launched phase three markets of Radio City. The nationwide marketing campaign will be augmented across print, radio, and digital, OOH and mall activations.