- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Highlights of the Indian press in 2013-14
MUMBAI: The print media has registered a 5.95 per cent jump in registration during 2013–14 compared to the previous year with a total of 5,642 new publications, according to the Registrar of Newspapers for India’s (RNI) annual report.
The annual report titled ‘Press in India 2013–14′ is based on information furnished by the publishers through web-filled annual statements. For this year’s report, as many as 19,755 publications filled their annual statements online.
According to the report, out of the total 99,660 registered publications as on 31 March 2014, the maximum number of newspapers and periodicals were registered in Hindi with a figure of 40,159. English had the second largest number of newspapers and periodicals at 13,138.
The total claimed circulation of newspapers stood at 45,05,86,212 as against 40,50,37,930 copies during 2012–13. The number of annual statements received in RNI for the year 2013–14 was 19,755 against 19,007 in 2012–13, registering an increase of 3.9 per cent.
The largest circulated dailies in other than Hindi & English language
Some Prominent Newspapers of North-East Regions during 2013-14
Circulation claimed by leading Languages