- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Fever FM increases ad rates by 20%
MUMBAI: FM radio player Fever FM has increased its ad rates by 20% and also claims to have consolidated its leadership in the metro markets of Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata.
In a radio panel hosted at FICCI Frames 2017, industry experts pointed out that radio industry had to cut down on ad inventory for the ad rates to increase and the FM radio sector to grow. With Red FM and now Fever FM hiking their ad rates and controlling their inventories, it seems like the players are acting on the advice and implementing it.
Speaking about Fever FM’s decision to increase ad rates, HT Media Ltd, radio and entertainment, CEO Harshad Jain said, “Our consistent growth and leadership in listenership across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata is testimony to connect with our listeners. We dominate markets with highest share and TSL. The increase in the price is in the backdrop of continued growth in listenership and in line with our constant endeavour of keeping advertising inventory under control. We are ever committed to delivering innovative content and better creative solutions.”
Across its 13 stations, Fever FM has positioned itself as a youth destination that is built on five content pillars—Bollywood, music, sports, city and non-music. It states that the positioning has helped them to dominate listenership in the market.
According to RAM data for Week 14, Fever FM leads in five out of the eight drive times across the four metros. It dominates in the two biggest metro markets of Delhi and Mumbai, and is the only network having two stations in each city. In the southern markets of Hyderabad, Fever FM claims to be the only station that featured celebrities like Anil Kapoor, Satish Kaushik and Amit Kumar as mainstay RJs, and in Chennai it is the Bollywood heartbeat for Chennaites. The UP station is said to enjoy a strong connect with listeners across seven cities of Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bareilly and Gorakhpur.
The market share of Fever FM in four markets as claimed by the FM radio broadcaster is as follows:
- In Delhi, the station has leadership for over 350 weeks with 19.1% market share.
- In Mumbai, it is the top station with 16% market share.
- In Bangalore, the station leads the non-Kannada space with 13.3 % share.
- It is the No. 1 station in Kolkata (7 am–12 midnight).