- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
ENIL promotes Prashant Panday to MD
MUMBAI: Entertainment Network India Limited (ENIL) has promoted Radio Mirchi’s Prashant Panday to the role of managing director and CEO with immediate effect.
In the new role, Panday will continue to spearhead the team in maintaining Radio Mirchi’s leadership position in the country.
Panday said, “It feels good to be recognised by the board. I’m lucky to have the best team in the media industry working alongside as colleagues. I’ve always believed that the best of radio is still to come and the next five years will be a fabulous ride for anyone seeking professional success.”
Panday has been associated with Mirchi since August 2000, and over the past 14 years has taken the radio network to the top with revenues of Rs 385 crore ( Rs 3.85 billion) and a PAT of Rs 84 crore ( Rs 840 million) in 2013-14.
He has over 24 years of experience in industries ranging from advertising, banking, FMCG and media.
Prior to Mirchi, Panday has worked with Citibank, Pepsi, HUL, Mudra and Revlon. His areas of strength include marketing and sales, analytics and strategy and people management. He also served as a member of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting’s committee on fighting piracy.