- Trump Tower Mumbai Sales to Resume, Comes with Private Jet Service
- Subrata Paul suspended for dope taint, will go for 'B' sample test
- TCS, Infosys got only 8.8% of total H-1B visas: Nasscom's rebuttal to US
- Chhota Rajan, 3 others awarded 7-year jail term in fake passport case
- Shutdown in Tamil Nadu, DMK's MK Stalin arrested
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya Singh gets bail
ENIL commences operations of 2nd radio channel in Pune
MUMBAI: Entertainment Network India Ltd ( ENIL), the FM radio operator and owner of Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM, has added a new Mirchi Love station in Pune.
Broadcast from its radio station at Pune has started on the 104.2 FM frequency, ENIL said. The new station was acquired under the FM Phase III e-auction held last fiscal.
Mirchi Love will offer romantic music from different eras and is targeted at young adults with high disposable income. This is the company’s second station in Pune after parent Radio Mirchi’s 98.3 FM station.
Mirchi Love will soon be launched in other cities like Hyderabad, Lucknow, Kanpur and Nagpur.
ENIL bagged 17 new channels across 16 cities in the first stage of the Phase III FM auction. The acquisitions include new stations at Chandigarh, Kochi, Kozhikode, Jammu, Srinagar, Guwahati and Shillong. Mirchi also acquired additional frequency in existing markets like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jaipur, Nagpur and Surat.
The other stations operating in Pune are Radio City, Radio One, state-owned All India Radio and two community radio stations—Radio FTII (Film & Television Institute of India) and Vidyavani (University of Pune).