- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Big FM repositions Chennai station to play contemporary hits
MUMBAI: Private FM radio network Big FM has repositioned its Chennai station to play contemporary top 100 Kalakkal hits.
In line with the makeover, the Chennai station will bring new RJs and content, coupled with engaging sessions for new and old listeners alike.
Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd COO Ashwin Padmanabhan said, “Our idea behind the change in the Chennai station is to appeal to the younger audience. The content too has been modified in a way that it blends with today’s generation. We will play the current era’s Top 100 Kalakkal hits.”
The station earlier played a mix of old and new Tamil hits, but with the radio network donning a new and youthful look, the station will also play contemporary Tamil music to appeal to younger audiences.
Welcoming this change, Big FM was joined by RJ’s Balaji, Ramya, Archana, Sarithiran, Vignesh Karthick, Giri Giri, and Miruthula at a press conference in Chennai.
RJ Balaji said, “The channel has crafted its re-launch carefully in sync with Gen Y, with a focus on hot picks and trending issues while playing beautiful contemporary hit songs. It is a fresh and revolutionised concept and we do hope that our listeners will enjoy our revamped look as well.”
The popular breakfast show ‘Big Melody Mornings’ will be replaced by ‘Jalabala Juckkamma’ and ‘Tea Kadai Bench’ with RJ Sarethran and RJ Giri Giri respectively. On popular demand, the channel will continue to air the comedy show ‘Take it Easy’ featuring RJ Balaji from 6 pm to 9 pm.