- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Akashvani to air special lecture on Dr Rajendra Prasad’s birth anniversary
MUMBAI: Public broadcaster Akashvani will commemorate the 131st birth anniversary of India’s first president Dr Rajendra Prasad with the broadcast of a live lecture, ‘Hamara Samay, Samaj Aur Mahabharat’.
The broadcast will be under ‘Dr Rajendra Prasad Lecture Series’, which has been with Akashvani since 1969.
Delivered by eminent Hindi author Narendra Kohli, the lecture will be on Akashvani at 9:30 pm.
The topic of the lecture deals with relevance of ‘Mahabharat’ in the present scenario and how theories that are old and are part of a great epic still hold relevance and can guide us into making a beautiful society.
With digital presence of All India Radio, it can be heard through live streaming as well on allindiaradio.gov.in.
In the past also, scholars from various fields have shared their views on this day as part of the lecture series. Some of the names who had been a part of these lectures are Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, Mahadevi Verma, Girija Vyas and VP Singh, among others.
AIR director general Fayyaz Sheheryar said, “The 61-year-old tradition of ‘Dr Rajendra Prasad Lecture’ brings forth newer subjects that dwell on India’s fast and tireless face to achieve the target of staying shoulder to shoulder with the developed nations.”
This lecture is also part of the top billed annual events of AIR like ‘Sardar Patel Memorial Lecture Series’, ‘Akashvani Sangeet Sammelan’, ‘Sarv Bhasha Kavi Sammelan’ and more.