- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
AIR unveils special coverage plan for 2014 Commonwealth Games
MUMBAI: Pubcaster All India Radio has unveiled its special coverage plan for the 2014 Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow from 24 July to 4 August.
The live coverage includes ‘Curtain Raiser’ on 23 July, ‘Opening Ceremony’ on 24 July, and ‘Closing Ceremony’ on 4 August.
All India Radio will also broadcast live commentary of all the hockey matches (Men’s & Women’s) featuring India, including semi-finals and final matches.
India specific Men’s and Women’s matches and final matches of the Badminton events will also be covered live by AIR. Daily highlights capsules will be broadcast from 24 July to 4 August, in the morning as well as in the evening.
The special coverage will be broadcast on AIR’s national channel, national hook-up and FM Gold Network. On the days of India-England Test match, the CWG programmes will be aired on FM Rainbow, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Chennai while the Test match commentary will be broadcast on FM Gold Network.
AIR will also broadcast live commentaries on the India specific Men’s and Women’s matches and final matches of the Badminton event.
The above programmes will not be carried over DTH or the internet, AIR clarified.
AIR regional capital stations will record the curtain raiser and daily highlights capsules for the regional language versions broadcast in the morning transmission on the same day and will be relayed by other interested AIR stations in their respective state.
All India Radio, Delhi will also broadcast hourly live updates to be carried by all FM Rainbow channels from 24 July to 3 August from 15.30 to 02.30 hours.
Besides the above, latest information along with the sound bites as far as possible will be broadcast on FM Gold and FM Rainbow channels whenever any medal is won by India or any athlete gives a notable performance, the pubcaster said.