- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
AIR to continue subscription of news agencies: Rathore
NEW DELHI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has said it has no plans to terminate subscription of PTI and UNI news agencies.
Responding to a question in Lok Sabha, Minister of State, MIB Rajyavardhan Rathore said that Prasar Bharati has informed that presently, All India Radio’s news services division is subscribing to PTI and UNI news agencies. It is also having free trial service of Hindustan Samachar.
Reviews of performance of news agencies are done from time to time to assess their value and relevance taking into account the unique position of AIR in the country, he added.
He also said that the services of news agencies are used to supplement the news requirement of AIR. No separate news readers are required to be recruited for the same.
Rathore’s reply came amid news reports that Prasar Bharati plans to suspend the services of the two news agencies in favour of Hindustan Samachar.