- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
AIR to continue subscription of news agencies: Rathore
NEW DELHI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has said it has no plans to terminate subscription of PTI and UNI news agencies.
Responding to a question in Lok Sabha, Minister of State, MIB Rajyavardhan Rathore said that Prasar Bharati has informed that presently, All India Radio’s news services division is subscribing to PTI and UNI news agencies. It is also having free trial service of Hindustan Samachar.
Reviews of performance of news agencies are done from time to time to assess their value and relevance taking into account the unique position of AIR in the country, he added.
He also said that the services of news agencies are used to supplement the news requirement of AIR. No separate news readers are required to be recruited for the same.
Rathore’s reply came amid news reports that Prasar Bharati plans to suspend the services of the two news agencies in favour of Hindustan Samachar.