- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
AIR raked in Rs 4.78 cr from PM Modi’s broadcast of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ in FY16
NEW DELHI: Backed by massive listeners and the brand personality of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, public broadcaster All India Radio (AIR) has been able to rake in advertising revenue from ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Modi’s radio address ‘Mann ki Baat’ generated gross advertising revenue of Rs 4.78 crore (Rs 47.8 million) during 2015-16, according to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B).
Only the radio broadcast of ‘Mann ki Baat’ is monetised and other platforms like live streaming or app-based service are not, Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore said.
“Accordingly, the gross revenue generated via this programme during 2015-16 through advertisements is Rs 4,78,22,480,” Rathore said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.