- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
AIR raked in Rs 4.78 cr from PM Modi’s broadcast of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ in FY16
NEW DELHI: Backed by massive listeners and the brand personality of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, public broadcaster All India Radio (AIR) has been able to rake in advertising revenue from ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Modi’s radio address ‘Mann ki Baat’ generated gross advertising revenue of Rs 4.78 crore (Rs 47.8 million) during 2015-16, according to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B).
Only the radio broadcast of ‘Mann ki Baat’ is monetised and other platforms like live streaming or app-based service are not, Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore said.
“Accordingly, the gross revenue generated via this programme during 2015-16 through advertisements is Rs 4,78,22,480,” Rathore said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.