- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
AIR raked in Rs 4.78 cr from PM Modi’s broadcast of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ in FY16
NEW DELHI: Backed by massive listeners and the brand personality of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, public broadcaster All India Radio (AIR) has been able to rake in advertising revenue from ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Modi’s radio address ‘Mann ki Baat’ generated gross advertising revenue of Rs 4.78 crore (Rs 47.8 million) during 2015-16, according to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B).
Only the radio broadcast of ‘Mann ki Baat’ is monetised and other platforms like live streaming or app-based service are not, Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore said.
“Accordingly, the gross revenue generated via this programme during 2015-16 through advertisements is Rs 4,78,22,480,” Rathore said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.