- Govt to integrate BHIM app with Aadhaar for transactions
- Baby steps for Flipkart: Invests $2 million in parenting network TinyStep
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea charged with murder
- Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio spar over home broadband
- Sensex negative, Nifty tests 8400; RIL sheds over 2%
- GST deadlock ends: All set for 1 July roll out; uncertainty clears for India Inc
- EC decision helps pass Samajwadi Party legacy to son Akhilesh
- Reserve Bank of India raises daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 10000
- Underwater search for missing Malaysian flight ends without a trace
AIR raked in Rs 4.78 cr from PM Modi’s broadcast of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ in FY16
NEW DELHI: Backed by massive listeners and the brand personality of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, public broadcaster All India Radio (AIR) has been able to rake in advertising revenue from ‘Mann Ki Baat’.
Modi’s radio address ‘Mann ki Baat’ generated gross advertising revenue of Rs 4.78 crore (Rs 47.8 million) during 2015-16, according to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I&B).
Only the radio broadcast of ‘Mann ki Baat’ is monetised and other platforms like live streaming or app-based service are not, Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore said.
“Accordingly, the gross revenue generated via this programme during 2015-16 through advertisements is Rs 4,78,22,480,” Rathore said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.