- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
AIR launches talent hunt show for tribal music
MUMBAI: The national channel of All India Radio (AIR) has launched a nationwide talent hunt show titled ‘Adi Swar’ for tribal music.
The show will provide a free platform for tribal population anywhere in India to upload an audio clipping or send an audio CD of their singing performance without any restrictions imposed on their age, sex or economic status.
‘Adi Swar’ aims to be an open platform for the vast reservoir of untapped talent of tribal population across the country.
India’s tribal populations have contributed immensely to the cultural heritage of the country.
The talent show ‘Adi Swar’ is one such initiative which will be a unique platform to showcase musical talent for tribal population.