- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Zee World announces Ratings post First Month of Extraordinary Viewing
Mumbai: Zee World, the first English General entertainment channel from Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited, targeted specifically for African viewers has today announced their first week of official ratings post 30 days on air.
Zee World went live on DStv channel 166 on February 03, offering its viewers an extraordinary world of entertainment. The channel is the first of its kind fully dubbed in English, showcasing Bollywood movies, series, reality and variety shows and much more.
Ratings revealed that Zee World ranked in the top 10 channels on the DStv platform within the English General Entertainment space.
“Zee World delivered a weekly GRP of 31 which is an impressive figure for a new channel on a pay platform. Almost all the original telecast of programmes on Zee World has appeared within the top 50 programme list which is a great success for us. We are pleased with the results and can only grow from strength to strength” says Zee TV South Africa’s CEO, Mr. Harish Goyal.
Zee World’s leading series, Laali was positioned 17th in the top performing programmes within all the English GEC programmes having more than 30 sec average time spent per viewer; almost double than the leading series on other channels.
The channel is available in Sub Saharan Africa, channel 166 on DStv Premium, Extra, Compact and Family pack in South Africa and from the Access pack above within the rest of Africa. It is also available on the Multichoice Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), GO TV platform on channel 25.